« Back to All Projects
Camp Perry Improvements
Location: Camp Perry Joint Training Center - Port Clinton, Ohio
- Fast-tracked design-build project which involved the removal and replacement of an existing target berm that has been in continuous service by the Department of Defense and the National Rifle Association since the early 1900s
- The design-build approach included pre-casting wall panels and catwalks to allow for construction over the brutal winter months on the shores of Lake Erie
- Kwest installed 65 H-Pile sections surrounded by a reinforced concrete foundation
- Mass grading and storm drainage improvements were required to drain this area that was previously swamp lands
- Kwest personnel worked closely with the client to determine the best suited materials and equipment for the project, keeping life-cycle costs, efficiency and maintenance at the fore front
- The electrical work involved the construction of a new sub-station, underground primary and secondary power, overhead distribution, advanced metering systems and coordination with the local utility companies and lighting.
- Kwest installed a new storm drainage system throughout the reconstructed areas which consisted of pipe varying in size from 4″ PVC to 18″ RCP.
- Full-depth removal of asphalt pavement and aggregate subbase material on 2.8 miles of the roadway
- Milled asphalt was salvaged and utilized for aggregate base in the new pavement section
- Complete redesign and installation of the storm drainage system consisted of curb inlets and 2,600 linear feet of storm sewer